WAGNER HOUSE in the Small Guild
Weekend for close embrace tango dancers
TANGO WAGNER HOUSE is international social tango weekend in the Small Guild. It is the most unique location in Riga, Latvia – in the Old Town of Riga.
Why is it called Tango Wagner House? We started organizing this event to support the reconstruction of Riga Richard Wagner Theater House (Wagner House). Three wonderful tango weekends have already been spent in this historical building. Now the Wagner House is closed for reconstruction and during this time we will be located in another beautiful and historical place in the Old Town - the Small Guild.
We are looking forward to the new beginning of the Wagner House when we will be able to dance tango there again.
It is a weekend where we will:
- Gather tango dancers from different countries who love to dance close embrace and have a good time together.
It is a tango weekend with an equal number of follower/leader dancers, wonderful music from international DJs for tango dancers who respect the milonga codes on and off the dance floor.
- Dancing only in close embrace;
- Request by eye contact (mirada and cabecéo);
- Changing of partners after each tanda;
- Respect for the lines of dance while dancing in the ronda;
- Entering onto the dance floor in a correct way;
- Being sociable and friendly on and off the dance floor.